In this article I will show you how to disable startup programs in Windows 8. When your machine startups it automatically starts certain applications, It might also be starting applications that you don’t need or use. By disabling these applications it will speed up the windows 8 login process.
If you are still running windows 8 did you know you can upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 for free? Best of all you will not lose any data or installed applications.
How To Disable Startup Programs In Windows 8
To disable startup programs in windows 8 follow these steps.
- Boot to windows 8 desktop
- Hold the windows key down and press Q
- In the search window type taskbar manager
- Click on the taskbar manager app
- Click on more details
- Click startup tab
- In this tab is a list of applications that load on system startup, To stop an application starting highlight the application and click disable
- For the changes to take affect you will need to restart your machine