The ASRock B250 Pro4 S1151 ATX is a very affordable motherboard which might not have as many features as other leading motherboards, but still has enough power for heavy PC users such as gamers.
- CPU : 6th + 7th Generation Intel Core i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron Processors
- CPU Socket : Socket 1151
- Memory Slots : 4 x 2400MHz DDR4
- Maximum Memory : 64GB
- Form Factor : ATX
- On Board Graphics : AMD Quad CrossFireXGraphics
- On Board Audio : 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC892
- Video Output : HDMI, DVI-D, D-Sub Supports Triple Monitor
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something.
Our Verdict of The ASRock B250 Pro4
This is one of the best motherboards you can get that is aimed at mid range gamers, For the price (Currently $123.11 on Amazon) you get a lot of features that you usually don’t see with motherboards in this price range.
The motherboard also comes with decent on board graphics and audio as well as plenty of USB + PCI ports. With this motherboard you can build a powerful machine as it supports,
- Intel I7 7th generation CPU
- Up to 64GB of RAM running @ 2400MHz
- 6 x Sata 3 Support
- Supports AMD® CrossFireX™ Technology
We rate this motherboard 4.5 out of 5
Latest ASRock Motherboard Deals
What Comes In The ASRock B250 Pro4 Box
If you are looking to purchase this motherboard you will be interested what comes in the box. The following items are included in the ASRock B250 Pro4 Box
- 1 x Cardboard Box
- 1 x Motherboard
- 1 x Manual
- 1 x CD
- 1 x Sata Cable
- 1 x Screws
- 1 x Backing Plate
ASRock B250 Pro4 Full Specs
Lets take a look at the specs of the ASRock B250 Pro4 motherboard
Below is what CPU’s are compatible with the ASRock B250 Pro4 motherboard
The ASRock B250 Pro4 motherboard has a LGA 1151 CPU socket which supports the following processors
- Core i7 6th and 7th Generation
- Core i5 6th and 7th Generation
- Core i3 6th and 7th Generation
For a full list of supported CPUs take a look at this page.
Below is what RAM is compatible with the ASRock B250 Pro4 motherboard
The ASRock B250 Pro4 motherboard has 4 x DDR4 DIMM Slots which can support up to 64GB of memory with DDR4 2400/2133 speed and non-ECC, un-buffered memory. The full features are
- Dual Channel DDR4 Memory Technology
- 4 x DDR4 DIMM Slots
- Supports DDR4 2400/2133 non-ECC, un-buffered memory
- Supports ECC UDIMM memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
- Max. capacity of system memory: 64GB
- Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) 2.0
This motherboard comes with the Intel® B250 Express Chipset.
- 128Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with multilingual GUI support
- ACPI 6.0 Compliant wake up events
- SMBIOS 2.7 Support
- CPU, GT_CPU, DRAM, VPP, PCH 1.0V, VCCIO, VCCST, VCCSA, VCCPLL Voltage Multi-adjustment
Below is a picture of the on board external connections on this motherboard.
The ASRock B250 Pro4 motherboard comes with three graphic output options, D-Sub, DVI-D and HDMI which can run a max resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096×2160) @ 24Hz and supports triple monitors. Full onboard graphic features are
- Max shared memory 1024MB
- Three graphics output options: D-Sub, DVI-D and HDMI
- Supports Triple Monitor
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096×2160) @ 24Hz / (3840×2160) @ 30Hz
- Supports DVI-D with max. resolution up to 1920×1200 @ 60Hz
- Supports D-Sub with max. resolution up to 1920×1200 @ 60Hz
- Supports AMD® CrossFireX™ Technology
The ASRock B250 Pro4 motherboard comes with an impressive 6 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s and 1 x Ultra M.2 Socket which also support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug, full features are
- 6 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug
- 1 x Ultra M.2 Socket (M2_1), supports type 2230/2242/2260/2280 M.2 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s module and M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s)
- 1 x Ultra M.2 Socket (M2_2), supports type 2230/2242/2260/2280 M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s)
- If M2_1 is occupied by a SATA-type M.2 device, SATA3_0 will be disabled.
- If PCIE2 slot or PCI slot is occupied, the PCIe-type M.2 device on M2_1 socket will run at Gen3 x2 (16 Gb/s). Supports Intel® Optane™ Technology (M2_2 only)
- Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks**
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec)*
- Premium Blu-ray Audio support
- Supports Surge Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)
- ELNA Audio Caps
- 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slots (PCIE2: x16 mode; PCIE4: x4 mode)*
- 3 x PCI Express 3.0 x1 Slots (Flexible PCIe)
- 1 x PCI Slot
- 1 x USB 2.0 Port (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 3 x USB 3.0 Type-A Ports (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 1 x USB 3.0 Type-C Port (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- LAN Intel® I219-V Gigabit LAN
- Form Factor – ATX Form Factor: 12.0-in x 8.8-in, 30.5 cm x 22.4 cm
- Warranty 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
ASRock B250 Pro4 Driver Downloads
If you have purchased this motherboard you will need to download the drivers. Below are the direct links to the download locations on the ASRocks website.
- Manual – Download the manual click here
- BIOS – Download the BIOS update program click here
- Audio – Download the audio driver click here
- Graphics – Download the graphics driver
- LAN – Download the LAN driver
ASRock B250 Pro4 Questions and Answers
Listed below are some question and answers for this motherboard. If you have any further questions please post them in a comment below.
Can I use a NVIDIA GPU with this Motherboard? Yes you can, This motherboard can support most NVIDIA GPUs from 10 Series up to 600 Series as well as Geforce 6000 Series to Geforce 9000 Series. For a full list of supported GPUs take a look at this page
Does the ASRock B250 Pro4 motherboard come with sata cables and mounting screws? Yes it does comes with both
Does the ASRock B250 Pro4 motherboard support 8th gen intel core i5 processors? It does not, this motherboard comes with a Intel® B250 Express Chipset which does not support 8th gen intel core processors. You will need a Intel® B300 Express Chipset to run 8th gen intel processors.
Does the ASRock B250 Pro4 motherboard support i7 6700 cpu? Yes it does, the motherboard comes with a Intel® B250 Express Chipset which does support this processor. For a full list of supported CPUs take a look at this page.
What display output does the ASRock B250 Pro4 motherboard have? The ASRock B250 Pro4 motherboard comes with three graphic output options, D-Sub, DVI-D and HDMI which can run a max resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096×2160) @ 24Hz and supports triple monitors.
What is the requirement to support Intel Optane Memory? To support Intel Optane Memory, please make sure if your system meet the followings:
- Choose Z270, H270 or B250 series platform and 7th Generation (Kaby Lake) Intel® Core™ Processor.
- Install Windows 10 64bit OS.
- The system drive needs to be GPT format.
- Update to supported BIOS P2.00 or later version.
- Only supported for SATA-based boot drive
Which BIOS version should I update to support and optimize Intel Optane Memory feature? Z270, H270 and B250 platform can support Intel Optane memory since BIOS P2.00 version. Please download BIOS P2.00 or later BIOS version for compatibility with Intel Optane memory.
What is the price of the ASRock B250 Pro4? Currently on Amazon the mother board is selling for $123.11
ASRock B250 Pro4 Reviews On Amazon
At time of writing this motherboard is rated at 2.8 out of 5 on Amazon.
Reviewer : “No Name”
Rating : 5/5 Despite some of the negative reviews, my experience was a positive one
Review : I finished my build around two weeks ago and I’ve got absolutely no complaints about this motherboard. Easy to build on, simple bios, and came with everything I expected. All-in-all I’ve got no complaints, but I’ll be sure to update my review if there are relevant issues down the line.
Reviewer : “Luke Heath”
Rating : 4/5 Decent Mid Range Mobo
Review : Good motherboard in terms of performance, looks, and price. The customer service when I wanted to get faster shipping was great too. Installed fine and no problems. But 4/5 stars because if i didnt contact them shipping woulda been like 2 weeks..
Reviewer : “Naveguero”
Rating : 1/5 It burns out just a day after the installation, …
Review : It burns out just a day after the installation, because of a thunder near my house, it doesn’t have any protection
Reviewer : “Hunter Nicole”
Rating : 2/5 2 stars, would have been fine if the board wasnt broken on arrival
Review : The board was damaged and DOA and customer service did nothing to help, blamed it on me, no refund, nothing. If you plan on buying this board, good luck, you’d better hope it works the first time around.