ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 motherboard sits just below the Gaming 9 motherboard in ASRocks product stack. The gaming 6 motherboard has similar specs to the leading Gaming 9 motherboard but comes at a much lower price.
- CPU : Supports 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core Processors
- CPU Socket : Socket 1151
- Memory Slots : 4x DDR4 DIMM Slots
- Maximum Memory : 64GB
- Form Factor : ATX
- Graphics Output Options : HDMI, D-Sub, DisplayPort
- Audio Output : 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec)
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something.
Our Verdict of The ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review
This is currently ASRock’s second most powerful motherboard and costs a lot less than the Gaming 9 motherboard (The leading motherboard). You get a very high spec motherboard for your money. The motherboard currently supports the highest spec CPU’s the 8th and 9th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors via Socket 1151.
This motherboard is well build and looks good and is aimed at the high end pc users (Gamers) and it doesn’t disappoint. It is also very affordable, check out the price on amazon.
The motherboard also comes with decent on board graphics and audio as well as plenty of USB + PCI ports. With this motherboard you can build a powerful machine as it supports.
- Intel I7 8th + 9th generation CPU
- Up to 64GB of RAM running @ 4300MHz
- 8 x Sata 3 Support
- Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10
We rate this motherboard 4.5 out of 5
Latest ASRock Motherboard Deals
What Comes In The ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review Box
If you are looking to purchase this motherboard you will be interested what comes in the box. The following items are included in the ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review Box
- 1 x Cardboard Box
- 1 x Motherboard
- 1 x Manual
- 1 x CD
- 1 x Sata Cable
- 1 x Screws
- 1 x Backing Plate
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review Full Specs
Lets take a look at the specs of the ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review motherboard
Below is what CPU’s are compatible with the ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review motherboard
The ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review motherboard has a LGA 1151 CPU socket which supports the following processors
- Core i* 8th Generation
- Core i* 9th Generation
- Supports Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology
- Supports Intel® K-Series unlocked CPUs
- Supports ASRock BCLK Full-range Overclocking
- Supports ASRock Hyper BCLK Engine II
For a full list of supported CPUs take a look at this page.
Below is what RAM is compatible with the ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review motherboard
The ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review motherboard has 4 x DDR4 DIMM Slots which can support up to 64GB of memory with DDR4 2400/2133 speed and non-ECC, un-buffered memory. The full features are
- Dual Channel DDR4 Memory Technology
- 4 x DDR4 DIMM Slots
- Supports DDR4 4300MHz
- Supports ECC UDIMM memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
- Max. capacity of system memory: 64GB
- Dual Channel DDR4 Memory Technology
This motherboard comes with the Intel® Z390 Express Chipset.
- 2 x 128Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with multilingual GUI support (1 x Main BIOS and 1 x Backup BIOS)
- Supports Secure Backup UEFI Technology
- ACPI 6.0 Compliant wake up events
- SMBIOS 2.7 Support
- CPU Core/Cache, GT, DRAM, PCH 1.0V, VCCIO, VCCST, VCCSA, VCCPLL, CPU Internal PLL, GT PLL, Ring PLL, System Agent PLL, Memory Controller PLL Voltage Multi-adjustment
Below is a picture of the on board external connections on this motherboard.
The ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review motherboard comes with three graphic output options, D-Sub, HDMI and DisplayPort 1.2 which can run a max resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096×2160) @ 30Hz and supports triple monitors. Full onboard graphic features are
- Supports Triple Monitor
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096×2160) @ 30Hz
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096×2304) @ 60Hz
- Supports D-Sub with max. resolution up to 1920×1200 @ 60Hz
- Supports Auto Lip Sync, Deep Color (12bpc), xvYCC and HBR (High Bit Rate Audio) with HDMI Port (Compliant HDMI monitor is required)
- Supports HDCP with HDMI and DisplayPort 1.2 Ports
- Supports 4K Ultra HD (UHD) playback with HDMI and DisplayPort 1.2 Ports
The ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review motherboard comes with an impressive 8 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s and 1 x Ultra M.2 Socket which also support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug, full features are
- 6 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug
- 1 x Ultra M.2 Socket (M2_1), supports type 2230/2242/2260/2280 M.2 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s module and M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s)
- 1 x Ultra M.2 Socket (M2_2), supports type 2230/2242/2260/2280 M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s)
- If M2_1 is occupied by a SATA-type M.2 device, SATA3_0 will be disabled.
- If PCIE2 slot or PCI slot is occupied, the PCIe-type M.2 device on M2_1 socket will run at Gen3 x2 (16 Gb/s). Supports Intel® Optane™ Technology (M2_2 only)
- Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks**
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec)*
- Premium Blu-ray Audio support
- Supports Surge Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)
- ELNA Audio Caps
- 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slots (PCIE2: x16 mode; PCIE4: x4 mode)*
- 3 x PCI Express 3.0 x1 Slots (Flexible PCIe)
- 1 x PCI Slot
- 1 x USB 2.0 Port (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 3 x USB 3.0 Type-A Ports (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 1 x USB 3.0 Type-C Port (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- LAN Intel® I219-V Gigabit LAN
- Form Factor – ATX Form Factor: 12.0-in x 8.8-in, 30.5 cm x 22.4 cm
- Warranty 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review Driver Downloads
If you have purchased this motherboard you will need to download the drivers. Below are the direct links to the download locations on the ASRocks website.
- Manual – Download the manual click here
- BIOS – Download the BIOS update program click here
- Audio – Download the audio driver click here
- Graphics – Download the graphics driver
- LAN – Download the LAN driver
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review Questions and Answers
Listed below are some question and answers for this motherboard. If you have any further questions please post them in a comment below.
Can I use a NVIDIA GPU with this Motherboard? Yes you can, This motherboard can support most NVIDIA GPUs from 10 Series up to 600 Series as well as Geforce 6000 Series to Geforce 9000 Series. For a full list of supported GPUs take a look at this page
Does the ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review motherboard come with sata cables and mounting screws? Yes it does comes with both
Does the ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review motherboard support 8th gen intel core i5 processors? It does not, this motherboard comes with a Intel® B250 Express Chipset which does not support 8th gen intel core processors. You will need a Intel® B300 Express Chipset to run 8th gen intel processors.
Does the ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review motherboard support i7 6700 cpu? Yes it does, the motherboard comes with a Intel® B250 Express Chipset which does support this processor. For a full list of supported CPUs take a look at this page.
What display output does the ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review motherboard have? The ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review motherboard comes with three graphic output options, D-Sub, DVI-D and HDMI which can run a max resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096×2160) @ 24Hz and supports triple monitors.
What is the requirement to support Intel Optane Memory? To support Intel Optane Memory, please make sure if your system meet the followings:
- Choose Z270, H270 or B250 series platform and 7th Generation (Kaby Lake) Intel® Core™ Processor.
- Install Windows 10 64bit OS.
- The system drive needs to be GPT format.
- Update to supported BIOS P2.00 or later version.
- Only supported for SATA-based boot drive
Which BIOS version should I update to support and optimize Intel Optane Memory feature? Z270, H270 and B250 platform can support Intel Optane memory since BIOS P2.00 version. Please download BIOS P2.00 or later BIOS version for compatibility with Intel Optane memory.
What is the price of the ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review? Currently on Amazon the mother board is selling for $123.11
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Review Reviews On Amazon
At time of writing this motherboard is rated at 2.8 out of 5 on Amazon.
Reviewer : “No Name”
Rating : 5/5 Despite some of the negative reviews, my experience was a positive one
Review : I finished my build around two weeks ago and I’ve got absolutely no complaints about this motherboard. Easy to build on, simple bios, and came with everything I expected. All-in-all I’ve got no complaints, but I’ll be sure to update my review if there are relevant issues down the line.
Reviewer : “Luke Heath”
Rating : 4/5 Decent Mid Range Mobo
Review : Good motherboard in terms of performance, looks, and price. The customer service when I wanted to get faster shipping was great too. Installed fine and no problems. But 4/5 stars because if i didnt contact them shipping woulda been like 2 weeks..
Reviewer : “Naveguero”
Rating : 1/5 It burns out just a day after the installation, …
Review : It burns out just a day after the installation, because of a thunder near my house, it doesn’t have any protection
Reviewer : “Hunter Nicole”
Rating : 2/5 2 stars, would have been fine if the board wasnt broken on arrival
Review : The board was damaged and DOA and customer service did nothing to help, blamed it on me, no refund, nothing. If you plan on buying this board, good luck, you’d better hope it works the first time around.