In this article I will show you how to resolve an issue when attempting to capture an image in to citrix PVS where you get the error “Failed to Snapshot” as shown below
This issue appears when you run the provisioning services imaging wizard, if you click on Log you will also see the error “VSS_E_VOLUME_NOT_SUPPORTED” The imaging fails and you need to start the imaging again.
How to fix the error “Failed to Snapshot” in citrix provisioning services imaging wizard
1. Check Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider Service
- Click on start and type in services.msc and hit enter.
- Scroll down to the windows service Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider
- Double click on the service and set it to start type “Automatic” and click start
- Do the same for the windows service Volume Shadow Copy
2. Check Disk Space
When the citrix provisioning services imaging wizard fails check the log for any error messages. A common error that appears is not enough space on the disk 0x00000070 if you are getting this error make sure there is enough disk space to store the created image