By default when you click on the start menu in windows 10 a delay is applied to when the start menu is displayed. This delay is called Menu Show Delay time
In this guide I will show you how you can edit the Menu Show Delay time which will speed up your start menu in windows 10.
How To Change The menushowdelay Setting In Windows 10
To change the menushowdelay setting we need to change a registry entry. To do this do the following.
- Click start and type in regedit then left click on the regedit application
- In the registry editor application go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
- In the right hand side window you will see the “MenuShowDelay” entry and it should be set to 400. Double click on “MenuShowDelay” to edit the entry
- In the window that pops up change the value data from 400 to 50 then click ok. (You can set a value between 0 and 4000, the lower the number the quicker the start menu should load.)
- Close down the registry editor and restart your machine for the setting to take affect.
If you have any questions about this process please ask in a comment below. Thanks