In this article I will show you how to fix system service exception blue screen on windows 10.
This System Service Exception will cause your system to randomly crash and will cause you to lose any unsaved work you might have. On the blue screen it produces it will give us plenty of information as to what caused the blue screen of death and we can use this information to resolve the issue.
What Causes The System Service Exception Blue Screen?
There are many issues that could cause your system to crash, the most likely issues are
- Issue With Windows 10 Device Driver
- Corrupt File
- Hardware Issue
First thing we need to do is look at the blue screen of death to see which file caused the crash. In the screen shot I took earlier we can see the mwac.sys file caused the crash. Please note you might be getting a different file name, if this is the case write it down.
How To Fix System Service Exception
We now know what file is causing the crashes (mwac.sys In this example) we need to find out more information about this file. Head over to google and search for the file name and work out what it is used for.
The first thing we are going to do to is upgrade the device driver that the file uses. The driver has most likely become corrupt or has a bug. To do this follow these steps. If you are unable to locate which driver is having the issue I recommend you upgrade all of the following drivers.
- Open up device manager (Click start, type in “Device Manager” and hit enter) Now expand the driver that is causing the issues (Below I am using the network adaptor as the example.)
- Right click on the device and select properties, then click on the driver tab and note down the driver date and version. (We can see below the version is 184.108.40.206)
- Now search on the internet for an updated driver. We are looking for a driver newer than 26/03/2016 or 220.127.116.11. Download that driver and save it to your machine.
- Now head back to device manager and right click on the device and select update driver, Follow the prompts to update.
- Restart your machine after the driver has been updated. Monitor if your machine still has the issue. If your machine still has the System Service Exception error try the next fix.
Re-Install Device Driver
- The issue could be caused by a corrupt device driver. We are going to uninstall and reinstall the driver which should resolve this issue.
- Open up device manager (Click start, type in “Device Manager” and hit enter) Now expand the driver that is causing the issues, right click on the device and select “Uninstall Device”
- When the driver has been uninstalled reboot your machine. This will completely remove the driver from your system.
- The driver should auto install when windows 10 has restarted. Go back in to device manager and right click on the device and select update driver, Follow the prompts to update.
Check Hard Drive For Corruption
It is possible that either a device driver or a windows 10 operating system file has become corrupt and is causing the crashes when that file writes data to system memory.
To check your hard drive for errors do the following
- Click Start, type “CMD” then right click on CMD and select run as administrator
- In the black windows that pops up type in “CHKDSK /f /r”
- The scan with either run or you will be prompted to type y then restart your machine
- When the scan is finished restart your machine
Again monitor your system and continue to the next fix if needed.
Did you add any new hardware to your system recently? Even a new USB mouse / keyboard? If yes remove that hardware and monitor if the crashes stop.
Its also worth removing the memory modules that are installed in your system, blowing inside the connectors then re-install the memory, It is possible a memory module was lose?
Check System For Viruses
Virus’s are also known to cause the Page Fault In Nonpaged Area Blue Screen error in Windows 10. Make sure your anti virus is up to date and perform a full scan of your system.
If you don’t have any anti-virus installed download and install AVG Anti Virus, they have a free virus scanner which is really good (I use it all the time)
You can also perform an online virus scan by visiting this link, The website will scan your local machine and will remove any viruses you might have.